Series One Episode Nine: Aaagghhh...My Injured Leg - This episode has two main parts. We learn the story behind Johnny’s injury and Magda’s friends give her advice about her job interview.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-1…
- This episode will include adjectives and adverbs. If you’re not sure of the difference, you can review them here.
First time listening to the audio
There are two main parts to the dialogue. Listen for each:
- Johnny’s injury
- Advice for Magda
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize each of the two parts that form this episode.
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- There are two main parts to the dialogue. Listen for each:
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner by writing some questions. How people act and what they wear in different situations varies a great deal in different countries. Write some questions for your partner about what they would wear and do at a job interview, birthday party, religious service, national holiday, etc.
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Describe how one of these situations is different from where you live.