Series Two Episode Seven: Alone for Christmas? - Most of the characters will be in London for the Xmas holidays, and many don’t have families there. See what they have planned instead.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- Where is the party going go be? Who is coming? Who is going to cook?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode. There seem to be some potential relationships forming. Who do you think may like to go out on a date with one of the other friends in this circle? Who keeps mentioning how romantic it is? What kind of response do they receive?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task four focuses on the 'ing' forms of verbs. Use the the link below if you’d like to review.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. What are the largest holidays in their country? What traditions do they have? Are there holidays when family usually get together? Are there holidays mostly for friend or couples?
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a post about holidays in your partner’s country.