Series Two Episode Ten: A Date - Carlos receives some advice about his date with Sarah. Bindyu isn’t happy with Harry. Olivia tries to solve the problem by inviting them both to dinner. Sarah asks Carlos to join her at an opening for an art gallery.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- What advice does Carlos receive? Why is Bindyu not happy with Harry? Why is Carlos worried at the end of the episode?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode. What do you think of Fadi? Do you think he really has so many girlfriends?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task four is about recognizing the differences between adjectives and adverbs.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. London is a major cultural center with many things to do and places to see. Ask your partner if there is a big city near where they live? What is there to see? What can people do?
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a post about a nearby city.