Series Two Episode Eleven: Embarrassment - We hear from Carlos about his date with Sarah. The title should be a clue. We also get an update about Olivia’s website and the tension between Harry, Olivia, and Bindyu.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- What happened on Carlos’s date with Sarah? Why was Sarah embarrassed? How did Joe, Olivia’s little nephew, help solve the tension among Harry, Bindyu and Olivia?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode. What do you think about the idea of Carlos taking Sarah to a football game?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task four is about choosing prepositions. I’d suggest using the OWL resource again for help.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. If you feel comfortable asking your partner about dating, ask them about the best or worst date they’ve ever had or have heard about. If not, ask about places they visit with friends. Do they only go to certain places with certain friends, or do all of their friends share mostly common interests?
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice your native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a post about a date or activities with friends.