Series Two Episode Five: Good Journalism? - Notice the question mark in the title. Bindyu writes the article about the cafe, but Sarah is a little annoyed and Magda is worried.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- Why is Sarah a little annoyed with Bindyu? Why is Magda worried?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode. What does Bindyu’s article say? Who returns at the end of the episode?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task four focuses on definite and indefinite articles again. Review the grammar below if you’re unsure when to use ‘the’, ‘a’, or ‘an’.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. Write some questions about the media in their country? What kinds are there? Do people trust the media? Explain to your partner how Bindyu wrote her story. Could she do that where your partner lives? Do you think it is ethical? What does your partner think?
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write about the media in their country.