Series Two Episode Three: Harry’s New Girlfriend - We have another new character in this episode, Bindyu, who is going out with Harry. Magda also has news about her job, and it is both good and bad again.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- Who meets Bindyu in the cafe first? What job does she have? How may she help save the cafe? Why is Magda’s news about her job both good and bad?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode and answer any questions above with which you had difficulty. What do you think of Harry’s and Bindyu’s meeting? Is it awkward? Why?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task three is about prepositions. The link below is helpful.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner by writing some questions. You can ask your partner about how couples usually meet. If you think those questions are too personal, ask about newspapers in their country as well as other press. What role do they play? Could they help stop a building from being torn down? Do people get their news from traditional newspapers or the internet? etc
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write about either of the topics described above.