Series Two Episode Eleven: Something In Common - It seems the second date didn’t go well with Carlos and Sarah either, but there may be a solution. Two other friends decide to go on a date as well.
- Review some vocabulary you’ll hear in the audio, click on the Preparation tab http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/series-2…
First time listening to the audio
- What happened on Carlos’s second date with Sarah? Why did Carlos take Sarah to a football match if neither of them like football? Who else is going out on a date?
- Listen to the episode again. This time, use the transcript provided below. With the transcript, you should be able to summarize the episode. Why does everyone laugh at the end? Did Fadi ask Olivia out, or did Olivia really ask Fadi?
- Listen to the episode a third time. Try not to use the transcript.
- Complete the quizzes by clicking on the tabs marked as task.
- Task four is about adjectives, especially intensifiers.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. If you feel comfortable asking your partner about dating, ask them about customs or rules for asking someone out. Can the woman ask the man? Are they usually friends first? Do their mutual friends play a role? If not, ask your partner about sports in their country. Which are the most popular? Who are the fans? Have they been to match or game?
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice our native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a post about dating customs or sporting events.