Simple Introduction Magda British Council - Our next character is Magda
- Magda will use several adverbs and adjectives. If you’re unfamiliar with adverbs and adjectives, review the description here -
- Magda will also talk about why she is in London and what she likes to do, but she also talks about people including her friends and people in London in general.
First time listening to the audio
- First time - Listen especially for the people she describes. Write down one characteristic for each friend she describes. http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/big-city-small-world/meet-magda
- Second time - Listen to the audio again, you can use the transcript if you like as well. You should be able to describe Magda, why she is in London, what she likes and doesn’t like, as well as her friends.
- This video comes with several comprehension tasks. Complete each one by clicking the tabs that say “Task”. If you had trouble, listen to the audio again with the help of the transcript.
- Prepare to have a similar conversation with your language partner. Think about the city where you live. What adjectives would you need to describe your city or town? What do you like about your hometown? What don’t you like? Write down the names of three or four friends. Think of three or four adjectives that would best describe each of them. Prepare 15 - 20 questions for your partner about their city and friends.
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice your native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Describe each of your friends and their hometowns. Ask your partner to comment on your post and ask if the information is correct and if you used your new vocabulary correctly.