Our next character is Olivia.
- Olivia will talk about what she does in London as well. Review the vocabulary before you start. She’ll be talking about her store. What adjectives do you know in English that you could use to describe stores in your town? What English words do you know that are similar to expensive or fancy?
First time listening to the audio.
- First time - Olivia is very unique in a few ways. She also describes two different places. Listen for where she works and where she hangs out.
- Second time - Listen to the audio again, you can use the transcript if you like as well. You should be able to describe Olivia including what she likes and what makes her different from her friends.
- This video comes with several comprehension tasks. Complete each one by clicking the tabs that say “Task”. If you had trouble, listen to the audio again with the help of the transcript.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner by writing some questions. Prepare questions about friends and family using the superlative. Who is the oldest member of your family? Which of your friends is the most intelligent? Prepare some questions as well about shopping. Ask your partner where they shop for food and clothing. What places in their town are fun to hang out? If you have trouble with verbs, you may also wish to review the present tense before meeting with your partner, http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/verbs/present-tense.
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice your native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a description comparing your partner’s town and yours. Ask your partner to comment on your post and ask if the information is correct and if you used any of your new vocabulary correctly.