Simple Introduction Fadi British Council -Our next character is Fadi.
- Fadi will talk about the city of London and what he does for a living. What kind of name is Fadi? Where do you think he is from? What else do you know about London? Is it an international city? Try the preparation vocabulary as well.
First time listening to the audio.
- First time - Fadi talks about the same things as Harry. As you listen, write down where is from, his job, and what he liked to do.
- Second time - Listen to the audio again, you can use the transcript if you like as well. Compare Fadi with Harry. How are they different? How are they the same?
- This video comes with several comprehension tasks. Complete each one by clicking the tabs that say “Task”. If you had trouble, listen to the audio again with the help of the transcript.
- Prepare for a conversation with your language partner. Write down questions for your partner about their dream job and city. Prepare at least 20 questions. Where would they live if they could move to anywhere in the world? Where would they work? If you’re unfamiliar with asking questions using ‘would’ or ‘if’ to express wishes, review the grammar here: http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/verbs/wishes-and-hypotheses
- Meet with your language partner. Try your best to only speak in English for 30 minutes. Of course, be sure to then provide your partner with an equal amount of time to practice your native language as well.
- Write a summary of your exchange with your partner on the Mixxer blog. Write a description of where you or your partner would like to live and work and why.